Understanding your rights during a family law matter can be extremely overwhelming because family law proceedings are often plagued with confusing requirements and complicated provisions. If you have questions about or are currently involved in a family law issue in the Chicagoland area, the attorneys at Taege Law Offices can help.
Important Family Law Matters You May Face
Family law refers to all types of law and legal disputes that occur amongst members of the same household or who have a familial relationship. The attorneys at Taege Law Offices are experienced in representing clients in navigating multiple areas of family law, including:
- Annulment. Certain marriages are prohibited by state law and either party may seek an annulment, which is a declaration from a court that the marriage is void. An annulment means your marriage never happened.
- Divorce. Perhaps the most common reason to seek the counsel of a family law attorney is because you are going through or want to pursue a divorce. Our attorneys can help guide you through this process efficiently and effectively while representing your best interests.
- Child Custody. Officially known as allocation of parental responsibility, one parent may be awarded significantly more decision making capabilities than the other parent. Let us advocate on your behalf.
- Visitation. Now known as parenting time, visitation is a parent’s right to spend time with his or her child. Our attorneys will fight for your right to build or maintain what is most important, the relationship you have with your child.
- Child Support. One parent may be ordered by the court to pay child support. However, individuals do not always follow through on their support orders, creating a financial burden for the custodial parent. We have represented clients on both sides of this issue and can help you seek modification or enforcement of a child support order.
- Spousal Support. Maintenance, formerly known as alimony, is an order by the court for one spouse to make financial contributions to the other after a divorce. You may be eligible for a significant award for maintenance depending on a number of factors. Let us help you seek a fair maintenance award.
- Father’s Rights. In a parentage, separation, or divorce proceeding which involves issues of child custody and child support, many fathers are unaware of their rights. Our attorneys can help a father establish paternity, seek custody, or establish legal parentage and associated rights with a child.
How Our Family Law Attorneys Can Help
We Want to ensure that you have a firm understanding of the laws surrounding your case and your options for resolving your matter. We believe in practical solutions that consider the best interests of all relevant parties involved and minimize conflict throughout the proceedings.
Call our office today to schedule a free consultation with our skilled divorce attorneys. You can reach us at (312) 228-5800. We are dedicated to protecting your finances, quality of life, and future.